Moving season is upon us, which means that many Americans will be picking up and packing out to a new home. If you’re planning to move this season, here’s what your zodiac sign has to look forward, with guidance and advice for having a successful move.
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
The best part of moving for you is having a new, clean, and fresh space. As it should be, you dreamer and visionary! Beware of ignoring the traditions and conventions of the past, however, especially when it comes to figuring out the logistics of your move. Rather than try to carve out your own path, follow what has worked before; you will find that moving season is much easier on your psyche if you simply follow the rules.
Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
Oh, if only you had more storage space! You are constantly on the move, which means that you are also always accumulating treasures and memories from all of your adventures and travels. This moving season, try to find a home with plenty of outdoor or garage storage. If you’re not planning on moving, consider investing in a storage unit to house all of your wonderful, worldly trinkets.
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
Aries, you pioneer! Ironically, it would befall upon you to be stuck with a bad roommate. But don’t let the idea of moving out keep you from leaving a bad situation, sweetie. Take initiative, be confident, and make that move, whether it’s to your own place or with people you care about. You won’t regret it, I promise.
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
Steady, true and reliable as always, you make a wonderful moving partner with your endless patience and reassurance. If you’re moving this season, you have much to look forward to. Your independent and practical nature will serve you well in some places (like picking the right moving services and packing), but beware of sabotaging or hindering your move by getting stuck in the weeds.
Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
Brilliant Gemini, your brevity and wit will be a much needed balm during your move. Resist your flighty nature of leaving things unfinished, however; a move is no place for unfinished or abandoned projects. If you’re moving this season, commit to focusing on your move and getting it done in a timely manner – you’ll thank yourself later, as there are sunnier skies and warmer winds where you’re going.
Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
For you, the best part of moving is exploring and making new friends. But the act of moving out and leaving your home? That can come with some emotional baggage. For you, sweet and sensitive Cancer, this moving season will be fraught with goodbyes. But you can handle it. Think of the after, think of the future: new, marvelous thing await you. Don’t wallow in the sadness of having to say goodbye – instead, think of the wonders that come with saying hello.
Leo (July 23 – August 22)
You don’t really think of a move as “stressful,” but more like a challenge that you can overcome. And overcome you will, strong and proud Leo. You are capable and sure of yourself, almost to a fault. This moving season, use your smartness and efficiency to streamline your move. Be careful not to let your vices distract you from the task at hand. The faster you can get it done, the sooner you can bask in the glow of your new home.
Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Thanks to your gift of great forethought, most of your move will be well-planned and well-executed. Your reliable and accurate nature means that, if you are orchestrating your move, you won’t have much out of place. However, the gift of being well-organized and hardworking also comes with extreme anxiety. Moving is already stressful enough – try not to let yourself get carried away in the turbulence of it all. Take some time to yourself, remember to breathe, and really try to take care of yourself. Everything will be okay, as you already know.
Libra (September 23 – October 22)
No move is insurmountable to you, but what you need to beware of is the indecisions that can surface along the way. Moving is a big deal, and any big deal comes rife with decision-making. If your heart is set on moving, Libra, don’t let your indecisive nature rear its ugly head. This is not the time or place! Trust yourself, trust your heart, and move towards the balance that you know and love—even if you have to sacrifice pleasure-seeking in the short-term.
Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
It is highly likely that you would mislead someone to avoid helping them move. But when it comes to needing help yourself, don’t be afraid to ask, secretive Scorpio! And while moving itself can be hectic, don’t let that be an excuse for the dark side of yourself to emerge; practice patience, compassion, and try not to take anything too seriously. Your move will go a lot smoother, I guarantee it.
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
Lovely Sag, you are always willing to take a risk, which is why moving is a no-brainer for you! Your lighthearted and optimistic nature will make moving season a lot easier. And because you are always there for the people around you, your friends will have no problem asking for your help during a move. Just remember that you should return the favor for yourself; tap into your great network of friends when it comes time for you to make your big move.
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
You are very much in control all the time, which can be a good and bad thing when it comes to moving. Sure, you’ll have all of the logistics figured out, like what time the movers are supposed to be there. But remember that during a move, anything and everything can happen. Don’t let the unknown derail you; leave room in your life for the unexpected.
Wondering where in the world our horoscope results came from? Here’s how each sign responded to the questions from our moving survey:
- Aquarius – 66 percent say the best part of moving is having a new, clean, fresh space compared to net 53 percent across all star signs. Also the most honest, 69 percent have never misled someone to avoid helping them move.
- Pisces – 19 percent say they would move for more/improved outdoor or garage storage if moving was hassle free, compared to 11 percent of net
- Aries – Aries are the most likely to be stuck with a bad roommate – 60 percent of them report staying in a bad roommate situation because moving seemed like a bigger hassle than the roomie
- Taurus – 38 percent of Taurus respondents say moving out of parent or guardian’s house for the first time is the most significant move in a person’s life compared to 27 percent net, and just 25 percent say moving in with a significant other is the most significant compared to 36% across all star signs
- Gemini – 18 percent have moved due to weather, compared to 11 percent of net
- Cancer – 22 percent say the best part of moving is exploring and making friends in a new neighborhood, compared to 14 percent of net
- Leo – Just 32 percent of Leos would give up alcohol for a week to have a stress-free move, compared to 45 percent of net
- Virgo – Virgos are the most mobile – just 36 percent of Virgos report staying in one spot and not moving in either the past 12 months or the next 12 months, compared to a net of 53 percent over all of the star signs
- Libra – Only 3 percent of Libras elected to give nothing up (drinking, social media, etc to make a move easier)
- Scorpio – 52 percent have misled someone to avoid helping them move compared to 40 percent net across star signs
- Sagittarius – tied with Aries for being most likely to say they have moved because their house was haunted (7 percent of each group compared to 4 percent net across all signs)
- Capricorn – Capricorns are statistically in the middle of the pack for nearly every question we asked